What’s Included with the Independent Living Apartments
Our independent living apartments have a personality that makes you feel right at home as soon as you walk through the door. They are spacious and welcoming, requiring only your favorite furniture and special mementos to be complete!
When choosing us as your home, you are able to customize your stay with many different features. We offer all-inclusive lifestyles or, if you are looking for more affordable housing, we also have lower rent options available for those who are income-qualified.
- Several different floor plans available, including one and two bedroom designs and even cathedral ceilings!
- Floor plans typically range between 441 to 940 square feet
- Easily accessible bathrooms with walk-in showers
- Bright and airy kitchens with refrigerator, stove, microwave, and garbage disposal (meal plans also available for purchase)
- Phone, cable, and computer hook-ups
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Numerous optional amenities such as water, sewer, and trash pickup
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- An in-house emergency response system that includes an emergency call button, sprinklers, and smoke detectors in each apartment
- 24-hour security
- Maintained parking lots, walkways, and grounds
More to Love about Mount Carmel’s Independent Living Program at Villa Theresa
At Mount Carmel, the independent living apartments we manage offer seniors a serene environment that is complemented by holistic lifestyle that promotes individual well-being and a feeling of family. There are many things to love about our program, including:
- Beautiful grounds – Most apartments sit on 42 sprawling acres of peaceful, park-like land in the heart of O’Fallon, Missouri. You will be living inside historic buildings full of interesting atmosphere, architecture, and art.
- Religious-oriented community feel – Though religious affiliations are not required to live in these apartments, we do have a strong religious-oriented community active on campus. We offer Catholic mass twice a day and provide opportunities to mingle with other like-minded individuals. Note: Our independent living programs admit residents without regard to religion, race, color, sex, creed, national origin, handicap status, or familial status.
- Lots of activities – Mount Carmel offers a full program that produces new socializing activities every day, including movies, crafts, speaker series, musical entertainment, and more!
- Fun places right on campus – There is no need to facilitate transportation to some of your daily activities. We have beauty shops, barber shops, wellness gyms, public meeting spaces, walking paths, and an indoor pool!
- Priority access to all of Mount Carmel’s nursing facility options – In addition to our in-house emergency response system, you also have access to our whole award-winning nursing facility, which includes short-term rehabilitation stays or working with the rehabilitation team on an outpatient basis.
Mount Carmel invites you to have a look at our independent living apartments on St. Mary’s Retirement Community Campus at Villa Theresa, with affordable options and numerous amenities all on a lovely campus. New friends are waiting to welcome you. Contact us!
“I suffered sciatic nerve damage, which caused paralysis from the knees down. The therapy was great and the staff was very nice. I was able to return home, go to the gym, drive and improve my mobility. Mount Carmel has every service available and is the best around.”
-Erv Ermeling, Former Skilled Patient