Respite Care is Right For Everyone
If you’re one of the 40 million people in the U.S. caring for a disabled or elderly person, you know that it is no small feat. Even in the best situations, the physical and emotional toll can be overwhelming. And if you’re drained, you are less effective at playing this critical role for the person who needs it most.
This is why respite care at Mount Carmel Senior Living is not only the best option for your loved one, but for you.
Respite care is valuable in the following situations:
- The caregiver needs a rejuvenating break
- The caregiver needs to travel for a few days
- The caregiver goes on vacation
- The caregiver wants to take care of things around the home
- The loved one receiving the care may want a change of pace to promote their own well-being
- A trial run for a loved one to ease them into an assisted living or nursing care community
Contact us now to learn more about your options.
While you take care of yourself, we’ll take care of everything else! Guests in respite care enjoy the same amenities and services as those living in our long-term care community. These value-added services include:
- Private quarters – Residents stay in a private room where they can bring anything with them to make it feel like home.
- Three meals a day – Crafted meals are both delicious and they provide the proper levels of nutrition.
- 24-hour supervision and security – You can rest easy knowing that your loved is always in good hands with an on-call doctor around the clock and an emergency response system.
- Priority access to our nursing facility – Residents benefit from having the full spectrum of healthcare available around-the-clock. Plus, we offer access to our short-term therapy programs during their stay here.*
- Assistance with personal care needs – We provide as much or as little support wherever they need it during their routine, including personal hygiene, dressing, eating, etc. We also provide daily medication administration, ensuring that they never miss a dose.
- Enrichment Activities – We provide a full calendar of life enrichment activities to allow our residents to maintain their independence and live each day to the fullest.
Contact Mount Carmel Senior Living
Nestled among the very best that St. Charles has to offer, Mount Carmel Senior Living is a spectacular world of its own that also puts your loved one at the center of a rich, caring community.
Our ministry has always been to provide quality care in a compassionate environment, and we hope you and your loved one enjoy everything we have to offer. Contact us to schedule your stay in our respite care program!
*Based on qualifications.
We are Medicare and Medicaid certified and accept most major insurances.
“I suffered sciatic nerve damage, which caused paralysis from the knees down. The therapy was great and the staff was very nice. I was able to return home, go to the gym, drive and improve my mobility. Mount Carmel has every service available and is the best around.”
-Erv Ermeling, Former Skilled Patient