Patients in our rehab and skilled nursing center benefit from:
- Balance Master Therapy – A program pioneered by NASA for use with space shuttle crews, we use Balance Master Therapy to evaluate and treat patients at risk for falls.
- SSM Homeward Bound – Through a partnership with SSM Select Rehabilitation, we are able to deliver cutting edge rehab with oversight from a physician who specializes in physical medicine.
- VitalStim Therapy – Two of our speech language pathologists are certified in VitalStim therapy. This innovative program uses electrical stimulation to help patients with dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) strengthen muscles, help the brain remap the ability to swallow and restore function.
- On Site Respiratory Therapy – We are the only skilled nursing and short term rehabilitation center in all of St. Charles to maintain a contracted, on-site respiratory care team. That means we have fewer discharges back to the hospital and can help prevent respiratory therapy patients from developing secondary issues like pneumonia.
- Clinical Expertise – Mount Carmel sets the standard for excellence in professional medical management. We have physicians and physician extenders present in our community every day.
We are Medicare and Medicaid certified and accept most major insurances.
“I suffered sciatic nerve damage, which caused paralysis from the knees down. The therapy was great and the staff was very nice. I was able to return home, go to the gym, drive and improve my mobility. Mount Carmel has every service available and is the best around.”
-Erv Ermeling, Former Skilled Patient