Patients in our rehab and skilled nursing center benefit from:
- Balance Master Therapy – A program pioneered by NASA for use with space shuttle crews, we use Balance Master Therapy to evaluate and treat patients at risk for falls.
- Individual Care Plans– We have a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehab who directs resident’s individual plans of care and treatment.
- VitalStim Therapy – We have a VitalStim certified speech language pathologists. Senior adults who have trouble swallowing receive this latest treatment which helps in their recovery.
- On Site Respiratory Therapy – We are the only skilled nursing and short term rehabilitation center in all of St. Charles to maintain a contracted, on-site respiratory care team. That means we have fewer discharges back to the hospital and can help prevent respiratory therapy patients from developing secondary issues like pneumonia.
- Clinical Expertise – Mount Carmel sets the standard for excellence in professional medical management. We have physicians and physician extenders present in our community every day.
We are Medicare and Medicaid certified and accept most major insurances.
“I suffered sciatic nerve damage, which caused paralysis from the knees down. The therapy was great and the staff was very nice. I was able to return home, go to the gym, drive and improve my mobility. Mount Carmel has every service available and is the best around.”
-Erv Ermeling, Former Skilled Patient